July 25, 2010

Cliff Jumping





So Stu has been hyping up this jumping spot to me since last year and finally today we decided to go and conquer it. So a few friends and I jumped into the car and off we headed past Kolymbithres all the way to the end of the road. We parked and started heading up the hill on foot. We had to pass some smaller hills and go to the ocean on the other side where the cliffs are located.
After about a 20 minute walk in the blistering heat, we arrived at the site, and wow was it high. With no time to think, all the boys jumped in, one after another. Just like it was jumping off the side of a pool. I couldn't believe it!
So off I went to the edge and... totally chickened out. My legs were shaking, my heart was pumping and I just could not make myself go. I was glued to that spot not caring how cool, clear and inviting that water looked.
So after a few more jumps from the boys, I finally got enough courage to scoot over to the edge again. Hey you only live once! So I jumped. I screamed on the way down, slammed in to the water at a really high speed, got half a gallon of water in places water shouldn't go, and came up gasping for air. I wouldn't say it was fun, but it sure was scary. Once time was enough, but at least I can say that I did it :)

3 comments:

Stu said...

Am so proud of you! You were brave to overcome the obstacles and just do it.

Julie said...

Yea. No.

You are braver than me!!

mom said...

Dad would be proud. Remember Sherkston?