The first month was particularly treacherous as Jen and I aimed to get the most of it out of the way, so we could relax, but the endless stream of projects has only been slowed somewhat as we catch up on our to-do lists.
De-rustified tools, new drawers for small stuff and consolidated all paints.
Jen hand washing wool pillow covers.
Painted ceiling beams, sanded shelves and repainted the pantry.
Times like this is when I am glad I purchased the power saw.
Seaside arches Fresh cement
Aaron finishing up with some painting
As we found them... New patching and paint
Sans Clutter New shelves and cleaned beach stuff
Fine Sanded and double varnished this lovely table.
(Shadows from bamboo roof make it hard to tell)
About a 1/4 of our major IKEA shipment,
Resulted in us fixing up some rooms...
My old room that used to be two single beds, can now double as a king with a new mattress.
This only covers about half of the things we have done, not including new lightbulbs everywhere, cleaned cushions, new laundry lines, fixing slatted beds, cleaning the roof excessively, not to mention, lots of gardening. We are quite proud of all we have done so far, but know we have got plenty more to do. For those of you visiting for the first time, we hope we will have it as nice as possible, for those who know the place well, we have made every room quite a bit more comfortable and hope it only entices you to visit more frequently. :)
Happy Birthday Mom! Look forward to seeing you soon!
And forgot to mention we added a guard dog. Isn't she ferocious?


















3 comments:
GRRRR....she is so tough! lol
You two have done a lovely job....and say thanks to Aaron as well! It will be such a HUGE pleasure to arrive without me having to do a lot of that stuff! Love the new look in your room, and shelves and more!
A great birthday present!!! :)
Looks awesome. You guys did some wonderful work!
The addition of the guard dog is especially wonderful.
Stu, your mom is very lucky to have such caring helpers and it looks like you've done a nice job. Now I know who to go to when I need the cabin spruced-up.
Jen, I miss seeing you when I'm visiting the city. Hope to see you soon.
Aaron, Lou(puppy) looks like the perfect replacement for our 3 little boys. They miss you (& me too).
Post a Comment