May 16, 2010

My Growing Garden

As you all know, I love gardening. And despite not knowing too much about it, I am pretty good at it. With help from Janet, and taking points from my grandmother, my beautiful garden is under way. I think the trick is water, water, water. And if i do say so myself, it is looking pretty good.
I am growing bean plants by seed, which for me is a little tough, so when my first one came up yesterday you can imagine how excited I was! My Zucchini are out of control already. There are about 15 flowers on both plants and it keeps growing each day. My tomato plants each have about five flowers on each of them and seem to be about 2-3 feet tall already. Cucumber and eggplant still are a bit small but I was told that they grow a little slower, so I am not upset, yet. And I have one melon plant with 2 new flowers on them as well.
In the other bed I have pepper plants which still look a little funny, but I am sure it's because they are in direct sunlight. Let's hope they hold. Lettuce is small but coming along, and I have a hot pepper plant that already has about 6 small tiny peppers already.
Who knew these veggies would grow so fast in one month.
Anyone who is visiting, get ready for some fresh vegetables!





4 comments:

H Mitera - Helene said...

How exciting!! The wonder of it all!

Julie said...

Funny that we both posted about gardens today!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom klimas said...

Jen,
I remember the gardens planted by my grandfather as a little girl. Then your dad took over growing tomatoes that reached higher than our garage roof. Now you have been given the gift. I can't wait to cook and eat the fresh vegetables, greek style.
Love,
Mom