So down to the free breakfast I went, where in true Jen fashion, I eaves dropped in on 4 ladies in the table next to mine. I listened to them chatter about their travels, their new friends they had met, and the struggle one of their friends and a shower head had that morning. She lost the battle and the bathroom was soaked.
After they realized I was staring and listening, I decided it was time to excuse myself and went for a walk outside to explore the view of Meteora in the morning sun. There I found one of the most extravagant views I have seen since visiting Greece. The sun shining down behind the rocks was creating a dramatic light that touched the houses in the shadows of the extraordinary landscape. The light created looked heaven sent. I could see why the monks decided that this was a holy place and settled here to worship. The sunbeams started to bring out the colors in the landscape, the smells of fresh morning dew, and the sounds of birds chancing each other in delight. This place was heaven.
4 comments:
Such light!!!
Love to read your stories.....like listening in, once removed! lol
Wow. Gorgeous pictures and description. Somehow I missed this post before.
More pictures of Meteora-please!! To live at such heights on the top of a mountain reminds me of the time you were close to heaven in Peru.
Mom
awesome pic!
Post a Comment