Halloween in Paros is a small phenomenon that is not celebrated among Greeks, as they have a similar festival sometime in February instead. But for those Americans and northern Europeans who love Halloween, by God, we're not going to let a little thing like that get in our way of making costumes and reliving our youth just a little. Costume shops are non-existent on the island, so everyone is forced to improvise. We of course waited til the very last Sunday to really get a costume idea together, but brilliance struck when I saw a large recycling dumpster full of great cardboard. I filled the car to capacity and begin chopping away. We quickly made ourselves into the knights of Paros and used cardboard, packing tape and house paints that were lying around.
I asked what weapon I should make for Jen and the first thing she responded with was "nun chucks", so my little lady was going to be a fierce medieval warrior with nun chucks. She got a headpiece, bra protector and "chainmail" skirt to boot!
Glyn chose to be the knight templar with garbage bag armor and shield.
I was the blue knight, solely because I didn't have any black paint, as we all know that I love to quote Monty Python. Regardless of color, I still battled the great knights above and soundly defeated mine enemies. The fight is mine!
On our quest for the Holy pint of Lager.
We were joined by brave Sir William Farnsworth in the bar.
1 comment:
cloppety,cloppety with the coconuts! You are too much! lol
Post a Comment