September 30, 2010

Taking Off

Leaving Paros is always a little much, as there are so many things to do and to get ready. I've learned it takes a week at least to plan everything out and tidy up all loose ends.

In surprising fashion, I had everything painted, the dishes done, the beds and towels ready, the pillows and rugs shaken, swept and mopped everything thoroughly... all a day ahead of time! I was taken aback at my minor accomplishment and my growing maturity of not leaving everything to the last minute and frantically rushing to get it all done.

I was so ready, I even unpacked all my clothes and repacked it in a more organized fashion!

I didn't know what to do with myself, but my buddy Glynn had purchased a substantial amount of meat the other day and we were going to polish it off. So a few friends came over and we had a little BBQ and then followed with a few drinking games (I had just taught a few people to play beer pong and now they can't get enough of it). That ended up in a night out to see a friend celebrating her birthday, which ended up with me playing all night with Louloudi at the bar (who was in the hands of our dogsitter Eric). I tried to leave around 1ish and then the boys and I realized that this was one of the last times we will all see each other before next summer which called for celebratory shots and "man hugs" and hours later and "Dude, you're the best" "No way malaka, you're the best!" and then the sun was starting to peak out just a little...

So this morning, it was nice to at least have everything done and ready while I managed a brisk run with my backpack all the way from the house to my boat; arriving with less than a minute to spare and the passenger walkway already pulled up. And now I have to deal with the little old Greek ladies wondering why this poor young man is so very sweaty and breathing hard.

Mature or not, I think I'm just a sucker for a little suspense.

Off to see my lovely lady in Tunisia in about 12 hours. Will certainly have much more to report soon enough, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Excellent! Are able to keep up with the blog on your travels? Did you pack your computer?

Stu said...

Of course, what would I do without it! :)

Julie said...

Have a wonderful wonderful trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Mormor Helene said...

So YOU! This wonderful mix of your many talents and personalities! LOL

Again, have a lovely, lovely trip, and we all wait for pics!!