April 17, 2010

New Additions by Jason

Jason, Eleonore's 7 year old son and my little godson, will be providing today's new additions to the Greek home...

Fire!
Wooosh!
 Zoom!
Beeeoooo!
 Vrooooom!
 Woohoo!

So long people! - Jason                         

PS: So we bought a great used car off our new friend George Crane, a local writer and teacher for an arts school on the island. We figured we would have spent three times as much on that between our friends and family for rentals over the next year, so a car was an easy choice, and we could probably sell it at the end of our trip. So we got this slick Citroen ZX that was covered in about an inch of dirt and sand when we got it, filthy even by Greek Island standards. I went to task cleaning and soaking up about 8 full buckets of the dirt and then polishing with a new car cleaner and this little guy was looking like a brand new car all of a sudden

PPS: Now I just have to learn how to drive stick... Luckily, Jen is a good teacher.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome!!!!!! Love the grill too!

H Mitera - Helene said...

Looks like new and will give you added freedom. How is the grill......it will be sooooo wonderful to come to a place when everything is working! lol

Sandra said...

Jen,
For the life of us, we can't remember who taught you to drive a stick shift. Can you enlighten us? I remember learning when Grandpa taught me. I can laugh now but it was an ugly scene when I was on a hill near the Peace Bridge to Canada and slid backwards into the car behind me not once but twice before Grandpa calmly said, "Get out of the car, now." Just couldn't get the clutch and gas working together. A lasting memory for sure.